How to Market Your Business Via YouTube
Step by step instructions on how to market your business and your products via Youtube.
1) First create an account, which is pretty straightforward.
2) Add your corporate branding for your account.
3) Set up a channel, which is a way of broadcasting information to a list of subscribers. Make sure that you have your website address included on all video and content that you publish. This will help your website by providing more “backlinks” to your site, which will help your search engine ranking.
4) Advertise your channel via other social media methods, including Facebook, twitter etc to attract subscribers. In addition if you subscribe to other people’s channels it is likely that they will subscribe to yours in return. There are specific rules which YouTube has around the numbers which you are allowed to subscribe to etc, so make sure that you do not contravene these.
5) Create content. This is the part of the process which will take some time. Make sure that you have different types of content which you are creating, I would personally suggest something along the following lines: A company overview, so provide a complete overview of your company and what it is you do. Information around your product or service, so provide a “slideshow” type video providing specifics of one of your products. Then I would provide a “general” type video, where you have images of your products or associated images around your service. This can help with your corporate branding, which is an extremely important part of an online business. In addition you can try to generate “viral” type videos. Typically these will be video’s which are funny or amusing. This can be a great way of spreading your content around the web, but can also quickly generate a huge amount of “chatter” around your product or service. This is more difficult to do, but if it works you could make a bigger impact than you could possibly imagine!
6) Get your content out there. The more people who come across your video’s the more likely they are to purchase your product or services. Make sure that they are all branded in a similar way, and try to publish them to Twitter and Facebook, which will in turn generate further views and also further spread the word.
7) You can also be very cheeky and create video responses to other people’s video’s which are relevant to your keywords. If a video has 2,000,000 views and you are always appearing on the same page, it is likely that you will get a significant number of views.